Should I get the anti rabbis injection post bite by vaccinated dog?

General Surgeon
Question
My dog Rottweiler female 8monthhs old bite me , and blood came out , anti rabbis dose were given to my dog 4 months ago and next dose due date is after 6 months, i 'm confused to take anti rabbis injection
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rabies vaccine is indicated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Immunizations of dog does not guarantee complete protection. This could be due to incomplete immune reaction in dog. As Rabies is disease with 100 percent mortality, it is recommended to get anti Rabies vaccination. Rabies vaccine is very safe .

I would suggest you to get three doses of Rabies vaccine. Day 0 ( on the day of bite ) , day 3 and day 7. If the dog is normal after 1 days further vaccination is not required.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh

Follow-up: Should I get the anti rabbis injection post bite by vaccinated dog? 9 minutes later
And ,what is the cost of the dose

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can get vaccine tomorrow

Detailed Answer:
Hi

No issues.
You can get the vaccine.
The coat of per dose is Rs 300. You can go either for Rabipur or Verorab.

Best regards
Dr Deepak