Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

152 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Should I consult an orthopedic surgeon for vertigo, dizziness and severe migraines due to craniocervical and thoracic spinal instability?

Answered by
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 3446 Questions

Posted on Mon, 27 Aug 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: My PT said I have cranial cervical and thoracic spinal instability that because of this it's pressing on my vestibular nerve causing my vertigo and dizziness. Along with this is why I have so many migraines. I do have Classical EDS. My first PT session made things a lot more symptomatic. Especially with my vertigo and dizziness. I also had increased pain. Will things get worse before they get better? If things keep getting worse should I go to an orthopedic surgeon?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to get evaluated by a spine specialist.

Detailed Answer:


I have read your question and understand your concerns.

There are different possible treatment ways for spinal and craniospinal instabilities or degenerative changes, including different physical therapy procedures.

The appropriate treatment way is always decided after a correct diagnosis. So, it is actually necessary to get evaluated by a spine specialist and by imaging studies such dynamic X-rays and MRI of your spinal column.

If the Orthopedic surgeon is dealing with the spine in your country, you may get evaluated by him/her.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Take care.

Dr. Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on