Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Should I consult a gynecologist while trying to conceive?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hello Doctor!! I am 31 years old married person and residing in Mumbai. I am having some queries regarding the pregnancy. I got married in May, 2013 and planning to have a baby. I am trying from last 4 month but unable to succeed. My wife has irregular period cycle of 25 days which varies 2-3 days each month. Now I am worried and wanted to go through the initial checkups. Before opting this option I wanted to take some suggestions of your expertise which usually I take. Should I meet to general gynecologist or any other experts are. We both want to go through initial checkups and any suggestion or help in this regard would be highly appreciated. my wife is around 26 years old. Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year. Thanks & Regards, XXXX
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gynecologist consult is ideal initially Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read and understand your concerns. It would be ideal to consult a local Gynecologist in the beginning for initial consultation, check ups, and evaluations. It has been 4 months since you are trying for a baby. Grossly, I do not see any major problems with either your wife or you. With little help from the doctor, you should be able to father a baby soon. Wish you good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor