Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
My husband fell on his side this morning. He has a huge raised knot that is turning black and blue. It is very tender but he is not in a lot of pain. Should he go to the doctor?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you should go to doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, You should go to doctor. He may advise you x-ray and ultrasonography of involved part. Because the age of your husband is 58 years .He comes in old age group so the bones and internal organs are not as strong as in younger age group. There is a big bruise in photograph you have uploaded. I would not suggest you to ignore that. I would start you on medicines to reduce pain and inflammation and order for X-ray and ultrasonography at the earliest. I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor