question-icon

Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?

Posted on Fri, 10 Jan 2014
Question: My husband fell on his side this morning. He has a huge raised knot that is turning black and blue. It is very tender but he is not in a lot of pain. Should he go to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Yes you should go to doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, You should go to doctor. He may advise you x-ray and ultrasonography of involved part. Because the age of your husband is 58 years .He comes in old age group so the bones and internal organs are not as strong as in younger age group. There is a big bruise in photograph you have uploaded. I would not suggest you to ignore that. I would start you on medicines to reduce pain and inflammation and order for X-ray and ultrasonography at the earliest. I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon