Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Should I consult a doctor for constant nausea and vomiting?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
For the past 24 hours I've had almost constant nausea, but have not been vomiting (came close a few times). Had some stomach cramping last night, but I don't know if that was part or it or because I'm menstruating. Thought it might be food related, but my husband tried my food last night. I have been unable to eat much today due to the nausea. Also, have had a lot of gas (burping non stop until I feel like I'm going to get sick). No fever. Somewhat lethargic and feel cold (I'm one who is always warm/hot). Not sure if I should wait it out or see my doctor tomorrow.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: it can be acidity or a gut infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. Feeling of nausea and a sense of vomiting with feeling of cold extremities and feeling a sense of general sickness may be related to acidity or some infection in the gut. You should get evaluated by a local physician and you may need some blood investigations as well. He will start you on suitable anti acidity treatment and add on paracetamol will give you more comfort. Meanwhile you should take lots of liquids of your choice like juice, soups and curds. Take rest till you recover, usually it takes 2-3days with treatment. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor