Should I be worried about yellow loose stools in pregnancy?

Question
I am 9 weeks pregnant type 2 diabetic and take 5 mg of folic acid but i have loose yelliw stools sometimes
And simetimes a gassy and bloted tummy wete passing wind isdifficult
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no need to get worried now!

Detailed Answer:

Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am happy to hear about your pregnancy. I wish you a safe pregnancy and delivery. Folic acid has been shown to reduce the proportion of nervous system malformations in neonates, take as recommended by your doctor for best results.

As for your stools being loose and yellowish there is no reason to get worried unless they are more than 3 in a day and you have some other associated symptoms like blood in stool, fever, abdominal pains, etc.

Gassy and bloated abdomen are not uncommon with pregnancy. The good news is that the get better as the pregnancy advances in age.

I hope you find this helpful enough. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Thanks for trusting us with your health questions this day.