• question-icon

Should I be concerned for variance in platelet count?

Posted on Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Question: I had a blood test yesterday with a platelet count of 168. I checked blood test done years before and they averaged 210 to 240. Is this variance to be a concern?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: THERE IS NO CAUSE OF CONCERN Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for your query. The normal range of Platelets is 150 – 400. The values keep on changing (within the normal range) depending on the requirement of platelets and the rate of destruction of the aged platelets. SO, THERE IS NO CAUSE OF CONCERN, PROVIDED THAT YOU ARE NOT SUFFERING FROM ANY ILLNESS AT PRESENT. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Dr. Rakesh Karanwal