Should I be concerned after eating a small piece of bread with mold growth?
Watch for any bad symptoms.
Hi, Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Since you had eaten only a small piece of bread, the mold would be digested and killed by the strong acid gastric juices. So you should not be concerned.
However watch for symptoms like diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting/nausea.
If you have any of these you better go to urgent care.
You can stop worrying.
Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach pain after eating bread
- Eat wheat bread after typhoid
- Mold bread toung problems
- Eyes water after eating bread
- Bloated stomach after eating bread
- Stomach poking after eating bread
- Sickness after eating mouldy bread
- Tired after eating bread
- Sore throat after eating bread
- Bloody stools after eating bread