Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned about the blood pressure reading?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
bp is 124/96 pulse60
53 yo male
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions....

Detailed Answer:

According to the results of your BP, your diastolic result is high, which might be related to diastolic hypertension.

To determine the right diagnosis, if I were your caring doctor would advise to do ecg, echo-cardiogram, blood pressure 24 hours monitoring.

I would also suggest to monitor your bp at home, record the results and pass them to your cardiologist to evaluate the situation.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to do more physical activity, avoid salty, carbonated, fatty foods, alcohol, and I usually advise my patients to follow the Mediterranean diet.

Hope it answered your question!


p.s. do not hesitate to contact me if you have other concern!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor