Should I be concerned about the blood pressure reading?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: bp is 124/96 pulse60
53 yo male
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions....

Detailed Answer:

According to the results of your BP, your diastolic result is high, which might be related to diastolic hypertension.

To determine the right diagnosis, if I were your caring doctor would advise to do ecg, echo-cardiogram, blood pressure 24 hours monitoring.

I would also suggest to monitor your bp at home, record the results and pass them to your cardiologist to evaluate the situation.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to do more physical activity, avoid salty, carbonated, fatty foods, alcohol, and I usually advise my patients to follow the Mediterranean diet.

Hope it answered your question!

Dr.Benard

p.s. do not hesitate to contact me if you have other concern!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T