Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned about pulsating spleen?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
My spleen is pulsating and its driving me crazy. I have had an enlarged spleen but its almost back to normal size. Don't know if I should be concerned or not.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
An enlarged sleen is a XXXXXXX organ because it can get injured at times get frankly ruptured from slight trauma and can lead to massive internal bleeding causing exsanguination.
Could you physician figure out what was the underlying cause for the enlargement.
A pulsating feeling in this area need to be investigated.
You should get a physical examination and imaging to get the idea about the size of spleen and what is it's textures etc., whether no other pathology is there in this region.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about pulsating spleen? 3 minutes later
Yes, it started in 2004, with Glandular fever. Have had recent xrays and ultrasounds, pulsating started today and cant get to docs till next week due to the weekend. Should I wait a few days or should I go to the hospital. I dont know what results were of the tests I had as yet.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 minutes later
Welcome back to HCM!
Yes the brief history you had given and now I know it was due to mono.
It sould have resolved by now fully.
The pulsation feeling is intriguinging, I would like you to get evaluated as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be useful for you.
Wishing you a great health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor