Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned about minor bruise and indent round bicep with extreme painful mobility after injury?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5164 Questions
I fell 10 days ago on ice and have a minor bruise and indent around bicep, poor mobility when I try to make a circle with my arm, but can move my arm straight forward up to head if I go slow. Also can move arm straight out 90 degrees sideways but not higher certain movements are still extremely painful
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There can be partial tear in your biceps muscle Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your reports and history it looks like there can be partial tear in your biceps muscle. I will advise to Rest the part and avoid any movements that produce pain. Apply ice or a cold pack to the painful area for 15 to 20 minutes, 4 times a day for several days. Wrap the ice or cold pack in a towel. Till time you can take anti-inflammatory and antibiotic if infection is suspected. If swelling and bruise is not reducing and giving pain while I will advise you to further investigate for the cause of swelling. You may need to do MRI and Ultrasound of the swelling. Partial tear can be managed conservatively with physiotherapy with USG and TENS. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you find this answer helpful do not forget to rate it at end of discussion. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor