Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
I have developed what looks like a cyst in the arch of both of my feet. About the size of a nickel. They are not painful except when I first put weight on them in the am. Should I be concerned about this?
It may be plantar fibroma or soft tissue mass.
As per your history, as it is present in the arch, so my probable diagnosis is (it may be) plantar fibroma or soft tissue mass. Other conditions are bursitis, warts, callus, soft tissue mass, any other cysts.
I will suggest to do ultrasound and MRI foot to rule out other conditions. Treatment part mainly depends upon the underlying diagnosis. For plantar fibroma, a lot of options are available like topical treatment, corticosteroid injections, surgery.
You continue to use the shoe pad. Take a rest. Do icing to the affected area. You can take tab. brufen for pain unless don't have any allergy. I will suggest you follow up with a detailed history or consult with the surgeon for a detailed examination with reports.
I think this will clarify your concerns.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should i be concerned about freezing hands and feet
- Should i be concerned for the presence of cysts
- Should i be concerned about swelling of feet in pregnancy
- Cyst on feet and ankles
- Ovarian cyst and cold feet
- Cysts on babies feet
- Ovarian cysts and swollen feet toes
- Flat feet vs arched feet
- Ovarian cyst pins and needles in feet
- Aching feet and ovarian cysts
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?