Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Should I be concerned about bruises and subsiding swelling on chest after falling?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1055 Questions
Ok I'm a 80 year old woman and I fell hurt my chest and had some swelling and that stayed going away now have bruises should I be concerned I was in hospital they did a chest xray could that be why
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Since the swelling is subsiding in my opinion it is a soft tissue injury.Both the pain and swelling will subside gradually in this case. Chest X ray is a routine investigation which is done to rule out any trauma to the chest especially fracture of the ribs etc. Are you having giddiness, breathlessness? Did you loose consciousness when you fell? Please feel free to answer so that this be able to help you out further. Thanks.Keep us posted.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should I be concerned about bruises and subsiding swelling on chest after falling? 1 hour later
No one in while hard to breathe but never lost conscious I have had a little breathless but goes away and some giddiness but that goes away too
Answered by Dr. Praveen 3 hours later
Brief Answer: This is not a concern.You are fine Detailed Answer: Hi, I wouldn't be concerned with little breathlessness and giddiness that goes away shortly in this context. The swelling and the bruise will take few days to completely subside. Get well soon. Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor