Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Should Ceftin be used to treat severe UTI with sepsis and dementia caused by that severity?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10398 Questions
Should Ceftin be used to treat severe UTI with sepsis and dementia caused by that severity?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ceftin alone will not be sufficient. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Severe UTI with sepsis and dementia is not likely to be controlled by Ceftin alone. Usually a urine culture sensitivity test has to be done to know the species of the bacteria affecting and the test also gives a list of antibiotics for which the organism is sensitive.Then starting on those antibiotics will cure the infection. Do consult a General Physician for you to be examined , confirm the diagnosis and put you on needed antibiotics. Complicated UTI is resistant to many antibiotics and sometimes requires combination of medications for a prolonged period until fully cured. Some measures which can help you: 1)Drink lots of water. 2)Empty the bladder completely as soon as you feel the urge to urinate. 3)Pass the urine before and after intercourse. 4)Wear loose cotton undergarments and wash them in antiseptic solution. 5)Take Cranberry juice as it inhibits bladder infection. 6)Take Vitamin C tablet Celin once a day for few months. It will help in increasing your immunity. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor