question-icon

Should Bactrim be discontinued if it is not effective?

Posted on Fri, 13 May 2016
Question: Should I continue an antibiotic if its not working?
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Dont stop the antibiotic for now.

Detailed Answer:
good day and thank you for being with healthcare magic !

I would suggest continue with the medicine but i would urge you to go back to your Urologist now so he would have feedback on how you are doing. Chances are he would add a medicine and change your antibiotic to a different class. Try also doing hot sitz bath to decrease prostate inflammation.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-manuel-c-see-iv/66014 I would gladly help you. Best wishes.
Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist