Should ARS treatment be taken along with Rabipur injection after dog bite?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: Hi on 30th April a dog bitten me now I taking dosage of rabipur.But one of the doctor told me that you should be take other treatment like ARS also within 72 hours. But he told me after 13 days.And now doctor are not agree to inject me ARS. Dog was not pet.I think it was affected by rabies. What can I do now.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Complete your vaccination.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.

It is correct that immunoglobulin must be taken within 72 hours. Now there is no need to take it. You must just complete your rabipur vaccination on days 0,3,7,14,28 and booster at 90 days. Just observe the dog for 10 days. If he is fine no need to worry. You are taking treatment and doing best so don't worry. Stay calm and report to doctor if you develop any symptoms like Fever, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Agitation, Anxiety, Confusion, Hyperactivity, Difficulty swallowing, Excessive salivation, Fear of water (hydrophobia) because of the difficulty in swallowing, Hallucinations, Insomnia and Partial paralysis.

I believe you will be fine and need not worry. Just be cautious.

Best of health.
Hope I answered your query.
If no clarifications then you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.
Dr. Sheetal Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Verma 11 minutes later
Above symptoms are not to me now but the wound is below the knee and my whole leg is paining.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Analgaesics will be beneficial.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Well come back.
Do not worry. The pain seems to be due to wound. I suggest that ibuprofen tablet during pain and a course of antibiotics like Amoxicillin for 5-7 days can be beneficial. Keep your wound clean and maintain hygiene. I hope you had taken tetanus shot. If not you must take a shot.

Best of health
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Verma 41 minutes later
I have taken TT injection but there are some previous wounds too old that also paining in same leg.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Analgaesics and wound hygiene.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It is quite good that you have taken the tetvac. You are protected from any anaerobic bacterial infection. All you can do is to wait for wound healing while being on antibiotics and analgesic. Maintain wound hygiene. Don't worry you will be fine.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist