Shortness of breath, blurred vision, muscle weakness and constant thirst. Related to hypothyroidism?

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: These are my symptoms maybe you can help: swelling feet upon 5-10 minutes of standing , fast hr (95-110) upon standing .. Constant shortness of breath. Blurry vision and muscle weakness and constant thirst! Also have constant sweating that just started recently.. i am 115 pounds whilte female. Just had a baby 6 months ago and also No period yet .. Went to doc had thyroid levels Checkedand were slightly low. Not going back for a couple months.. Needs a possible Answer please...Past: I have celiac, ulcerative colitis and have had iron transfusions due to anemia and low pottasium levels.
Current meds:
Digestive enzymes
Aloe Vera juice
Protonix
Multivitamin
Pottasium
Nulev
Answered by Dr. Rajaram KG 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. None of your sym0toms appear to be related to hypothyroidism with the exception of weakness. I dont think they are related to hormonal disturbances. You need detailed evaluation to find out the cause. Meanwhile you can take calcium, vitamin d supplementation along with other suppl you have been taking. Periods may take upto 1 year to resume after delivery. So nothong to worry about that. If your thyroid test was abnormal & your doc has not advised treatment means it was not indicated then. Mild form of hypothyroidism cant be expected to result in symptoms that you have. Dont loose hope, with proper evaluation many of your symptoms can be resolved. If in followup any hormonal issue comes up I would be glad to help you.
Shivaprasad
Dr. Rajaram KG

Orthopaedic Surgeon