question-icon

Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back pain, eyelash pain

Posted on Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Question: SIR,
I AM NOT FEELING WELL THESE DAYS.
MY HANDS AND FOOT SHIVER A LOT THESE DAYS.
MY EYESIGHT GOTTEN WEAK SUDDENLY. I AM SEING THINGS BLURRED.
MY FOOT GIVE A TINGLING EFFECT AND GET NUMB ALSO.
I AM HAVING BACKBONE PAIN.
MY EYELASHES ARE ALSO PAINING.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar (1 hour later)
Thank you for writing in. The main problems you have are shivering of hands and feet, diminished vision, tingling and numbness of feet, and back pain. Tingling and numbness are features of peripheral nerve disease. Vitamin B12 deficiency could be one of the reasons for the above problems.
For further evaluation, you may require the following investigations: serum vitamin B12 level, serum vitamin D level (total), thyroid profile, fasting blood sugar and X-rays of lumbar spine. In addition, please get your vision checked by an ophthalmologist.
In case you have any of the above reports done recently, please let me know. I would be pleased to be of help to you.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist