Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Shaving pubic hair, noticed black pigmentations, inculding penis, testicles, and inner part of thighs. Suggest medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
Dear Doctor,
Once I started to shave my pubic hair, and it did turn as a practice in my life, using Gillette Gel & Razor. Now the whole area is with black pigmentations, inculding penis, testicles, and inner part of thighs. I am very much worried, presently seeking a Alliance, so want to completly get rid of the black pigmentations in those vital parts. When sweat forms I do get some irritations in those area, then after bath, it s fine. But those inner parts looks like a scar like thing. Further, right now not shaving my private parts. Pls be kind enough to suggest the best Medicare creams.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 30 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

The pigmentation over your genitalia and inner thighs could be due to various reasons. It could be due to constant friction due to regular shaving, or a contact dermatitis to shaving gel or after shave solution, or a condition called acanthosis nigricans or even a fungal infection.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

Avoid shaving the genital skin. You may trim the hair with scissors. If you are over weight try to reduce your weight as it will help decrease the pigmentation. Constant itching and rubbing can also worsen pigmentation and you may apply an antifungal dusting powder ( eg: Abzorb powder)to absorb excess sweat twice a day. You may apply a gel containing kojic acid (eg: Kojivit gel) twice a day over the pigmented area. Get it prescribed by your physician or dermatologist.

The treatments suggested has to be used once fungal infection is ruled out. If possible upload a good quality picture so that I can rule it out.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Shaving pubic hair, noticed black pigmentations, inculding penis, testicles, and inner part of thighs. Suggest medication? 21 minutes later
Thank You Doctor, I will be in touch, after using the above said Powder & Cream. Further, I will also upload a possbile photo for your guidance.

Thank you,

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 17 minutes later
Welcome back XXXXXX,
I will have a look at the photo once you upload it.
Take care.
Dr Johny Chacko.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor