Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Shaved pubic area, had sex, rashes. Used lube. What can this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
I have recently shaved my pubic area and had sex my with my wife we used lube as well and I broke out with a rash all over my pubic area. It's itchy but not painful. What is it? I can send a pic if needed. I was not able to upload.
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 26 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
It seems like you are allergic to the lubricant you have used. At this point in time, I would suggest you take Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily and Tablet Benadryl 1 tablet at bedtime. You can take this for 3-4 days. Keeping the area clean and dry should be your other priorities.
Not using the lubricant again and these measures should help you deal with this. Do send me a picture if its possible. You can use the 'Upload your reports' feature on the right.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor