Sharp stabbing pain in the lower abdomen, frequent urination, pain in the penis. Suggestions?
Thank you for the query.
I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
1.) Do you have fever, chills with bodyache?
2.) Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
3.) Do you have difficulty passing urine?
4.) Did you sustain any injury to your pelvic area?
Your history suggests the possibility of Prostatitis, which is the swelling and inflammation of the prostate gland, a walnut sized gland located directly below the bladder. The infection may start when bacteria carried in urine leaks into your prostate. Mostly it will be bacterial. Some times the cause is not known. It has to be confirmed.
Kindly get yourself examined by a Urologist so that he may evaluate you in detail and suggest tests like,
3.) Urine culture.
4.) Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) level in your blood.
5.) Semen Analysis.
6.) Cystoscopy to examine the urethra and bladder.
7.) Urodynamic tests.
Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly with Analgesics, Antibiotics.
Follow these lifestyle modifications:
1.) Soak your pelvic area in warm water (Sitz bath), twice to thrice daily.
2.) Avoid, alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods and smoking, if you do.
3.) While sitting, sit on a pillow or inflatable cushion to ease pressure on the prostate.
4.) Avoid using a bicycle.
5.) Avoid masturbating until the cause is found out and treated.
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower stomach pain and frequent urination
- Frequent urination in boys and pain in abdomen
- Frequent urination headache and lower abdomen pain
- Frequent urination and pain in abdomen women
- Pregnant sharp stabbing pain in abdomen and scapula suggest
- Abdomen pain and frequent urination
- Sharp stabbing pain in abdomen
- Frequent urination pain in the penis medication
- Sharp abdomen pain frequent urination
- Sharp stabbing pain in lower calf