Sharp pain in rectum and bowel movement is stopped. Feel like obstruction towards end of rectum. What to do?
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
I am very sorry to hear about your problem.
If you feel that the bowel movement is not complete and that there is something obstructing the stool from coming out, a sigmoidoscopy may be done to look in to the rectum if there is really any obstruction.
You can consult your gastroenterologist to fix a date for sigmoidoscopy.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sharp pain with bowel movements
- I have a horrible sharp pain in my rectum
- Sharp pain after bowel movement
- Stomach to rectum sharp pain
- Sharp pain in rectum 9 months pregnant
- Sharp pain from lower stomach to rectum
- Sharp pain in rectum area heterosexual what is it
- Sharp pain from rectum to abdomen
- Sharp pain in rectum
- Sharp pain in lower abdomen and rectum