Sharp pain in lower left abdomen and experiencing discomfort while coughing

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Sharp pain in lower left abdominal area, just above the groin, when bending left. No discomfort when up right, but some discomfort in that area when coughing.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need proper examination and inevstigations Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen,ECG in all leads,Further investigations may be done if needed. There may be various causes for your problem like gastrointestinal,genitourinary or musculoskeletal causes. Ultrasound of abdomen can exclude many conditions. Your problem may be due to musculoskeletal causes.It needs examination. You should continue your medicines for hypertension and increased cholesterol level. Treatment for pain can be done after proper clinical examination and investigations reports. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX