Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Shaky feeling, have g6pd enzyme deficiency, headaches, joint pain. Is it getting worse ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10353 Questions
shaky feeling faint I am a 30 yr old female 140lbs and have g6pd enzyme deficiency class I I feel week shaky like i'm going to faint most of each day I feel pain just from even a slight touch anywhere I feel sick tired get headaches joint pain to where I stiffen up do much I can't move this lasts about an hour starts at my hips then spreads all over and get hives and shortness of breathe this has been happening for years I have seen many doctors i'm getting worse not better
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The weakness and generalized body aches associated with hives that you are having are likely to be related to an immune mediated disorder. Other possibilities are hormonal imbalance, electrolyte imbalance, generalized viral syndrome, etc.

You need a thorough evaluation by a Rheumatologist as there are various causes for these symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets. You can add mild analgesics like ibuprofen, a multivitamin supplement and an anti allergic like fexofenadine for symptomatic relief to your daily regimen.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor