Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Severely allergic to opiods. Having mild valve problem and sleep apnea. Suggest pain medicine for knee replacement surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 339 Questions
I am severly allergic to opiods and need to find a pain med to undergo knee replacement surgery and or to know that if I am in a emergency situration, there is something I can take safely.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

You can use NSAIDs like aceclofenac and paracetamol for pain relief along with any proton pump inhibitor or H2 blocker.

Paracetamol alone also can relieve pain.Paracetamol is safer than other NSAIDs.

Hope this answers your query.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor