Severe tearing pain left chest and back with breathing and
It may be because of chest infection
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Chest infection causing cough can cause such type of chest pain which increases on breathing.
Cardiac pain increase on exercise and has no effect of breathing.
The pain will go away as soon as the infection and cough relieves.
I'll still recommend you to get a ECG, 2D Echo and a Chest X Ray done to confirm it.
Thanks and take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is Xarelto advisable before knee surgery?
- What causes increased heart rate and headaches?
- What causes headache, dizziness and chest discomfort while having...
- What causes sudden drop in heart rate while on Bystolic?
- What causes pain in the right side of the chest?
- What does the following TMT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain
- What do recurrent episodes of dizziness and headaches indicate?
- What does this ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for mild chest pain when diagnosed with AFib