Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Severe stomach pain. Am I just dehydrated? How to help myself?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 598 Questions
I was just in the ER on Tuesday night I know for sure I am dehydrated but have severe stomach pain on my right side and no one is helping me I am really not feeling well and am starting to get really mad because no one can figure out what is going on
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having severe right sided abdominal pain of recent onset.

2. Some common causes of right sided abdominal pain are as follows:
Biliary colic or Gallstones
Cholecystitis or inflammation of the gallbladder
Duodenal ulcers
Kidney Stones / ureteric stones
Ovarian cyst
Ectopic pregnancy
Pulled muscle
Trapped wind

3. Thus you need to get yourself clinically evaluated and examined to come at the cause of your problem.

4. A basic approach would involve getting yourself clinically examined by your physician/ surgeon, get investigated (abdominal x-ray pa view standing, ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis, urine examination (more important if you have increased pain during urination), blood examination) and get treated accordingly.

5. Thus you need to visit a surgeon as early as possible/ get yourself properly evaluated in the emergency room.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.


Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor