Severe pain under ribs, on left side, pain on touching, chronic condition. Causes ?
Thanks for the query.
Pain and tenderness i.e pain on touch just below the ribs is most likely to be due to a musculoskeletal problem.
The cause could be and injury causing muscle strain or ligament tear or any inflammatory condition like chronic infection or costochondritis etc..
In Females any injury or pathology of breast tissue can also cause such pain.
Since you have been having this pain since a year or so,it is advisable to get it examined and diagnosed by a doctor who can first rule out any major causes cardiac or respiratory which are unlikely but always checked for in any chest pain.He can then if needed conduct certain investigations like xray, ultrasound, complete blood counts etc. and give you an exact diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
It is to be noted that pain killers whether oral or local gels may provide temporary relief but no cure.sometimes even hot fomentation may give some relief.
You can try those but its better to consult your physician for the best results.
Hope I have answered your query .
Ill be available for any follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause for the severe pain under the breasts when eating
- Severe pain causes
- Cause for severe pain under the breast during pregnancy
- Severe pain under right ribs
- Severe pain in side under heart
- What causes severe pain under right rib during menstruation
- Bronchitis and severe pain on ribs
- Severe pain in left side of abdomen
- Severe pain below ribs
- Severe pain on left side of forehead