Severe pain on left side of forehead.
Since from 2 days I am having severe pain on the left forehead part.I am feeling this for the first time in my life.
Thanks for the query.
Regarding the one sided severe headache which is of recent onset, possibilities I could think at this point of time are onset of like Migraine or Tension type headache. In the initial stages, however it is difficult to differentiate between primary and secondary headache disorders.
As you do not have any "red flag" symptoms of headache like fever, headache developed within minutes (thunderclap headache), neck pain, visual loss or visual abnormalities, nause or vomiting or risk factors for thrombosis, I personally feel it could be a "Primary headache" disorder at this point of time.
So I personally recoment you to try simple analgesia (painkillers) for time being as not all recent onset headaches require medical attention. If headache persist or increase in severity with additional neurological symptoms I recomend you to go the ER and XXXXXXX your GP for a good clinical examination and CAT scan of the brain.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.
Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain in the left side of the stomach concerned
- Severe pain in left elbow
- Severe pain in the left side of my head
- Severe pain in left side when hungry
- Severe pain in left side of abdomen
- Severe pain on left side and cold sweat
- Severe pain in left buttock
- Severe pain in left flank
- Severe pain on left side of forehead
- Shivering and severe pain lower left side
- What precautions can i take for a retrolisthesis of 3.5mm?
- Back spasms, lack of sleep, difficulty walking, moving. Treatment ?
- Kidney stones, stress, lack of testosterone, loss of lower lip control,...
- Is numbness in the right hand due to fibromylgia?
- Head injury, frontal lobe seizure, taken Depakote, Keppra, Lamictal,...
- Four discs in neck, bulging, neck spasms, tunnel vision, tingling in...
- Can multiple sclerosis cause erectily dysfunction and difficulty in...
- Brain bleed, depression, schizophrenia effective disorder. Suggestion?
- Nurocysticircosis, siezures, CT scan, MRI, perietal tuberculomas...
- Can cervical disc problems cause pain?