Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in ear and head. Suggest some effective ear drop and medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 332 Questions
Ian unable to control severe pain in ears and middle of my head,unbearable pain and I use cellphone very much like 5to6 hours.cant avoid it,Booz it's linked with my profession,please suggest some effective ear drops and medicines please.

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 1 hour later
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon

On the basis of the information provided it appears you have a problem in your outer ear canal or in the middle ear causing pain in ear and headache. Common causes include impacted wax in ear, fungal infection of outer ear canal or a acute infection of the middle ear(acute otitis media). As there are differnt reasons for these conditions and they have different treatment it will not be wise to advise you ear drops without examination. At the same time some conditions may require some more tests to reach the diagnosis.

I would advise you for a ENT consultation so that we can reach a diagnosis and the treatment can be started. In the mean time you can take a medication for pain in ear (any Over the counter preparation) like paracetamol tablet and arrange for a ENT consultation.

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma
I hope this answers your concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor