Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Severe pain at the time of entry during intercourse. Causes ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12753 Questions
hi i experience severe pain during intercourse.pain is present most at the time of entry but is present throughout. what can be the cause and what all should i do for it?
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Severe pain during intercourse can happen due to narrow Vaginal Orifice -
Hymen which has very narrow opening or Dyspareunea (Pain while having intercourse).

A narrow vaginal opening can come in way of insertion.
Some females have a very narrow opening in the Hymen (Membrane covering the Vaginal orifice). In such situations, there will be difficulty in penetration.
Some females experience extreme pain before and during attempted insertion and this can some times preclude sexual intercourse.

You can try few of the following.
1. Try using your fingers and see if there is any obstruction. If you can successfully insert two fingers, this will be enough to penetrate.
2. Use lots of lubrication/vaselene.
3. A good amount of fore play along with using lubricant like K.Y.jelly may help you.
If the problem still persists, get your self evaluated at your gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor