Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Severe constipation, bloating, headaches. CT scan showed enlarge uterus. Adviced for removal of hemaroids?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 492 Questions
i have been going to my gp for many years and asked him i have severe constipation and he has been telling me to eat more fibre food and everytime i eat all the fibre food i get more constipated and bloated so for me to get some releif i was drinking some chinese herbal diet tea and it makes me go to the toilet without pushing cause i get a really bad headache if i dont go to the toilet. i end up seeing a cynocologist so i had to have a curety and those key hole operation to check if everything is alright but still didnt find anything wrong so recently i went back to my gp and explain that my constipation is getting worse and also the bloating and i felt like there is something growing inside me cause my tummy is getting bigger and i feel very sore so i was sent to see a gastrology which he send me to do a ct scan and found out that i have enlarge uterus about 11cm and also i need an operation to remove the hemaroids now i have to go back to the gp so he can sent me to a cynacologist about my enlarge uterus and i am awaiting to operate on the hemaroids please tell me is this uterus needs to be removed or what is going to happen cause its giving me a lot of discomfort
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 5 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Possibly your bloat is related to constipation and has got nothing to do with your 11 cm uterus. But we need to be sure that there is no tumor or any lesion in uterus or if you have any menstrual problem.

Worthwhile getting an second opinion of a gastroenterologist and gynecologist along with a thyroid test (causes constipation) and colonoscopy.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor