Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Severe body pain after childbirth, reduced menstruation. Thyroid levels normal. Reasons?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi , I am 28 years and a mother of 1 kid...My baby is now 1year10 month....My problem is that i have a severe bodyache since his birth..My delivery was normal.i took homopathy treatment for 6 months with which i got a reilef in pain in my fingures..but the pain is severe and remains all time in my back , legs, and stomach..please tell me what should i do..i have undergone through thyroid test also recently but is is cycle is also reduced to 2 days...
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Normally after delivery up to 6 months iron and calcium supplements are required.At times when not taken properly such kind of problems can occur.

It is good that thyroid is normal.

Please visit your physician for routing health check up. Please discuss the option of getting tested for Vit D,Hemoglobin and B12.

Deficiency of any of them can lead to this kind of problem.

In mean time please do following which should help.
1. Take good diet XXXXXXX in calcium and iron. Take more of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, milk and milk products.
2. Do some regular light exercise like walking
3. Take proper sleep.
4. Watch your weight. Take at least 3-4 small meals in a day.

I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor