Severe abdominal pain and cold sweat. Should I consult a specialist?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Woke up feeling like I have to poop, but couldn't. The pain was so sever that I fell on the floor and couldn't get up for several minutes. Although, I am a male, it must have felt like having a baby. I was screaming and also had cold sweat. Please help! Should I go see a specialist for this? If so, what kind? Never felt like this before.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

The information that you have. Provided is suggestive of an acute intraabdominal condition

It would be better if you go for an abdominal ultrasound and complete blood count with urine examination

If possible yes you should go for a clinical examination with a specialist

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern

Wishing you a healthy life ahead