Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

148 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Severe abdominal pain and cold sweat. Should I consult a specialist?

Answered by
Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 923 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Woke up feeling like I have to poop, but couldn't. The pain was so sever that I fell on the floor and couldn't get up for several minutes. Although, I am a male, it must have felt like having a baby. I was screaming and also had cold sweat. Please help! Should I go see a specialist for this? If so, what kind? Never felt like this before.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 hours later

Thanks for writing in

The information that you have. Provided is suggestive of an acute intraabdominal condition

It would be better if you go for an abdominal ultrasound and complete blood count with urine examination

If possible yes you should go for a clinical examination with a specialist

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern

Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Abdominal ultrasonography

doctor1 MD

I'm a 46 yr. old premenopausal woman, enjoying life as a piano teacher, with relatively little stress, compared with the days of nursing my parents years ago (my mum died of High grade gastric Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, aged 57). I've lost quite a lot of weight, sometimes get night sweats, and I can see a lymph node about the size of a pecan nut in front of my left clavicle. My 22 yr old son who is studying 5th year medicine, and reckons he can feel a couple of large ones. One is nearer my neck, in my left shoulder, though I can't see them. I have been getting pain in that shoulder and in the arm with hand weakness. Last evening the veins in my wrist and hand swelled up for a while and I felt rather weak, with palpitations. And kept waking in the night with odd sudden thumps of the heart. I wondered whether I had a constriction of blood vessels in the arm or a separate circulatory issue. Do you think I could have Hodgkin's Lymphoma, given that several blood test results are acceptable, a GI endoscopy 2 weeks ago was all clear, except I still had porridge oats in my stomach 7 hours after breakfast, so they asked if I was diabetic and a fasting blood test proved negative. My chest Xray 3 weeks ago was clear, though an abdominal ultrasound scan last week showed a small non-shadowing 3.7mms hyperechoic focus near the posterior gallbladder wall. I sometimes have trouble emptying my bladder, so for the internal womb ultrasound,I had supposedly emptied it but the ultrasound showed that it still contained 168ccs. I am a pianist, and have been afraid to play in public recently, as I tend to lose a bit of control of my bladder, (and sometimes at night) though that is more of a minor issue as far as I'm concerned, at the moment. I have an appointment booked for a neck ultrasound on 13th June, but would like someone's opinion now, if possible on the seriousness or otherwise of my condition. Thanks.

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...I have a pain right at the belly button. There is no discharge or anything that looks abnormal it is just sore at the spot. I had an abdominal ultrasound and they said there was a cyst about 1cm. Any concerns?

doctor1 MD

I do not have kidney stones yet I have severe pain my left side and so far a ct scan and ultrasound haven't shown much that would be causing my problems. I have nausea quite often and often times will throw up or have loose bowel movements. I also have to pee every 20 minutes to 30 minutes max. I don't sleep much at night because I'm up so may times to pee. I can't take this much longer. Any other ideas as to what may be causing this?

doctor1 MD

I have a 3yr old that sudden developed an area of neck swelling. He is prett much asymtomatic. No fever. Periodic umbilical pain for the last 2 weeks. We went to the ER and they discovered that he has multiple enlarged lymph nodes bilaterally on his neck. The did an abdominal ultrasound which showed borderline splenomegaly and an enlarged peripancreatic lymph node. Rountine blood work came back normal. The ER doctors had no answers for me--just told me to follow up with my pediatrician. Any ideas as to what could cause this?

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir, I have suffers little pain on upper left abdominal since last 6 months. Pain is not very heavy it is little and i realized this pain only for some time it not continue over a day, means for example today i feel this pain for 3-4 times...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am about to go through a miscarriage as my hcg levels only went up from 494 to 714, what are my chances of having a miscarriage again and when am I able to start trying to conceive again? My menstral cycles are very irregular and only happen...

doctor1 MD

Hi My daughter is 2 years old. She had reflux problem when she was 5 months old and then she was put on medicines and she was cured. But now suddenly reflux is back and since last 3 days its increasing. She is not eating anything, burp is more and...