Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Serious infection due to cat bite. On antibiotics. Remain on medications. Next course of action?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5956 Questions
I am going to try you once more. The only information I want is what I ask for. Please use someone with the ability to follow that instruction. The following is the information I require:
If a serious infection from a cat scratch does not get better or worse in 10 days, in your opinion should the patient remain on antibiotics? Also. what and when should be the next course of action if the infection persists?
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 days later
Would you tell me what kind of infection is it.
Could you elaborate on " serious infection "?
Do you mean worsening of the local wound, or any of the following - tender regional lymph nodes, papules at the site of the scratch, slight fever, headache, chills, backache, abdominal pain, malaise and sometimes more severe symptoms ??
Knowing these details will help me guide you better.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor