Sensation and blinking of patch on face below eyes. How to cure it?
from last 24 hours I am facing sensation/blinking of patch of skin on my face below eyes after every interval of 10-15 sec. Kindly suggest what needs to be done in my case.
Thanks for writing in health care magic.
The blinking/twitching of skin below the eye/eyelid is called blepharospasm.
It is usually common in people who are in contact with any allergen to eye,resulting constant blinking.
The other reasons are dry cornea(part of eye),stress,caffeine.
Most of the times, it goes off naturally without any treatment.
Good sleep would get you out of the symptoms, since in sleep no blepharospasm happens, and also relaxes the muscle responsible for twitching.
Using tear drops helps in case of dry eye twice daily during morning and in night, before sleep.
In case of prolonged and constant twicthing preventing you from routine activities, the injection of BOTULINUM TOXIN(BOTOX)helps to relieve out of symptoms. but, that needs to be decided only after a proper examination by an ophthalmologist.
If your symptoms are still worsening, visit your treating physician, examined and get treated accordingly.
Let me know if you have further questions, take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can I take paracetamol along with ofloxacin?
- Have bilateral swollen lymph node in the groin. Experiencing night...
- Anemic and having excessive bruise. CBC done for neutrophil and...
- Following a gluten free diet. Do I need supplement for any deficiency?
- Received a handjob for few minutes. Any risk for HIV?
- What is the normal heart rate in an individual?
- Have normal TSH level and high free t4 level. Any thyroid problem?
- Have esophageal varices banded. Is it safe to take a long flight?
- Experiencing a tightening sensation on forehead. Cause and cure?
- Have blotchy and red face, under chin and chest. What could be causing...