Owl Image

Semen analysis showed very low sperm count, motility and morphology. What should I do?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Dear Doctor,
I had a semen analysis two week before, It says I have 20m sperm count, 2% sluggish, 98% dead, and nill active
Today i Have done the analysis again, attaching the report
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Thanks for writing to us .
I read your query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply :
1) Your reports suggest that you have oligoastheno teratospermia. This means a very low sperm count, motility and morphology.
2) First I suggest you visit an XXXXXXX and get your physical examination done. You need to be checked for varicocele and size of testis.
3) Please get following blood test called FSH ,TSH, Prolactin
4) See your physician to get a prescription for antioxidant medicines from your doctor and take for 3 months and repeat the semen analysis thereafter.
5) If you still dont see improvement you will have to go for IVF (test tube baby) & ICSI treatment if your partner wishes to conceive
6) Hence first you get above examination and tests done. Get back to me with reports .
Let me know if you have more questions
Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist.