Semen analysis done. How to improve motility?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Sir last week 03rd Dec'2012 i took semen analysis my report is as follows:
Total count = 13 millions / ml
non motile = 95%
sluggish motile = 5%
Active motile = Nil

But in my early test on 26th June'2012 the report is
Total count = 20 millions / ml
non motile = 70%
sluggish motile = 10%
Active motile = 20%

Suddenly my sperm count is down.

My age is 42 years
Married life = 5 years
Children = No

Please tell me why this drastic change in my sperm count and how to improve my motility .

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 31 minutes later
Dear Sir,

You are suffering from oligoasthenospermia. You should get yourself examined by urologist to rule out varicocele and also get Doppler of the scrotum done.

You should start yourself on generalized measures to improve your sperm count as well as motility. The measures are,

1. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially papaya, mango, carrot).
2. Quit smoking even passive.
3. Don't wear underwear while sleeping
4. Use of boxers as undergarments.
5. Avoid wearing jeans.
6. Do not use warm water for bath.
7. Do not place laptop on the lap.
8. Do not put mobile phone in trouser pocket.

Get back to us after examination and doppler study.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan