Semen analysis done. Are the findings normal? Can I impregnate my wife?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Thu, 2 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: Dear Sir,
My Semen Analysis as follows.Please confirm whether it is normal or not?Is it sufficient for pregnency?

SEMEN ANALYSIS
Collection time 9.30 AM
Received in lab at 9.45 AM
Period of abstinence 4 DAYS
MACROSCOPIC EXAMINATION
... Volume 2.0 ml
... Colour OPAQUE GREY
... PH - 8.0
... Liquefaction time 10.00 AM
... Viscosity NORMAL
MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION
Motility (within 60 min. ejaculation)
(a) Rapid progressive motility 30%
(b) Slow progressive motility 25%
(c) Non progressive motility 05%
(d) Immotility 40%
Sperm concentration (million/ml) 64 million/ml
Morphology (per 100 sperms)
... %Normal 77%
... %Head defects 10%
... %Midpeice defects 06%
... %Tail defects 07%
Agglutination PRESENT
Pus cells/Germ cells/HPF 2-3
RBC/HPF NIL
Epithelial cells/HPF NIL
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I saw your semen analysis report. Your semen analysis is normal and your sperms are in normal condition. You can easily father a child and absolutely no need to worry. I would like to reassure you that your analysis is fine. I will be available for the follow up query you have. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 31 minutes later
Thank you Doctor
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX I am happy that my reply was useful for you. Feel free to contact me in future for anymore enquiries. Please accept my answer and write a review. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 23 hours later
Dear Sir,

One more doubt.We are trying for conceive last moth.But it was not success.What was the reason for that?As per the attached Result my sperm count is normal.My wife's last 4 period dates are as follows

Start Duration
24-DEC-12 38
31-JAN-13 33
05-MAR-13 29
03-APR-13 IN PROGRESS

Last moth we are tried at the Ovulation dates.But why she is not pregnent?Please advise.

Also give me some tips for fast pregnency...Please help..

Regards XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 27 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Ovulation would occur approximately 14 days before next cycle. Hence, you try accordingly. Other modes of detecting ovulation are by using home ovulation detection kits which detects ovulation by urine test and another method is follicular growth scans done by gynecologist in your town. These tests will help you to detect ovulation precisely and time to have intercourse. Keep trying as success of fertility in one cycle is only between 4 to 10 percent. Hence try for some more cycles in which you should conceive. I hope your doubt is cleared. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Usually I'm using coconut oil as lubricant.Is it hurt sperms.Please explain..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX donot use lubrication around ovulation time as it harms sperms. Try foreplay before starting penetrating sex as excitement with foreplay brings about enough lubrication. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol