Scattered red pimples around stomach and back. Could it be from food or soap exposure?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: We noticed on my Granddaughter this morning, that she has some scattered red pimples around her belly and on her back, one or two under arms. They do not itch she says, but it is surprising. She has a cold-cough and several days ago had a temp. She has also had shots for chicken pox mumps, rubella. Could it be from a food or soap exposure?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 minutes later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be contact dermatitis,pityriasis rosea, viral exanthem,molluscum contagiosum etc.
As there is no itching food or soap exposure causing it is unlikely.
Still you should avoid soap use till the condition resolves.

Also I would like to know-

Since when she has this?
Does it go on its own?or remain as it is?
Does it ever itch?
Any recent fever or sore throat?

Can you upload photos of affected area?
Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.

Upload the photos and answer the questions to help you better.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Regards.
DrSudarshan
Dermatologist.