Owl Image

Scan report said uterus is anteverted and gravid. Does it mean i am pregnant?

Question
hi i went and did scanning and the report says :
uterus is anteverted and gravid
aintrauterine gestational sac measuring
what does it mean am i pregnent or not plz confirm with the first time also reports say good decidual reaction ,gestational age abt 5 ,no adnexal mass lesion are seen,right ovarian corpus leteum measuring 2 cm noted.,plz help me
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 20 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
This report is inconclusive at the moment. It may indicate an early pregnancy or a missed miscarriage. As there is no fetal pole at the moment so findings are more in favor of the second diagnosis but only a repeat scan after 10 -14 days may help us confirm this. Very rarely this type of report may indicate a pregnancy growing outside the womb so if any time you feel sever abdominal pain or a fainting spell please rush to the hospital.
Hope I have simplified this properly if you have any question please write back.
Wish you best of luck.
Thank you.