STD test done. What are the findings? Should I be worried for hep c quantitative?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I recently took an std test, and received my results in email. It was very confusing to me so called the 1800 number that I ordered test from and they didn't answer any of my questions. These were my results not sure if I should be worried about the Hep C quantitative and herp2.

Chlamydia

NOT DETECTED

NOT DETECTED

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

Hepatitis B

NON-REACTIVE

NON-REACTIVE

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

Hepatitis C

NON-REACTIVE

NON-REACTIVE

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

Hepatitis C Quantitative

0.04

<1.00

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

Gonorrhea

NOT DETECTED

NOT DETECTED

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

Herpes Simplex Virus Type I

>5.00

<0.90

Positive

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

Herpes Simplex Virus Type II

<0.90

<0.90

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

HIV-1 Antibody

NON-REACTIVE

NON-REACTIVE

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013

Syphilis

NON-REACTIVE

NON-REACTIVE

Negative

01/04/2013

01/08/2013
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX,
I have read and complete follow through your STD profile report.
You are suffering from Genital Herpes caused by HSV type 1 as lab report shows positive for antibody to HSV 1 and value is above normal.You may repeat the test particularly HSV 1 & 2 from well known laboratory if you are not symptomatic.
All other test results are within normal limit including Hepatitis C which is negative.
Consult with your dermatologist/physician for clinical examination and take suggestive measures accordingly.
Need to take complete course of anti viral drug therapy with Tab Acyclovir.Maintain personal hygiene. Practice safe sex with protected measures and using condoms.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your better health.