Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Ruptured hymen,vaginal burn,sore,painful intercourse,bleeding,cramps

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
My husband broke my hymen about two weeks ago. I then had my period, which lasted for 5 days, a few days afterwards. For the past two days, I've been feeling a burning inside my vagina during intercourse. I feel sore, and it's painful, causing me to tighten up. There was a small smear of blood on my husband's penis a few days ago as well. Today I have cramps. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Yes, it is normal.

Burning and pain are normal after first sexual intercourse.

Hymen is a thin membrane covering the vagina and when breaks it causes bleeding and pain.

Cramps can be due to Vaginismus(a condition which affects a woman's ability to engage in any form of vaginal penetration, including sexual intercourse) or dysmenorrhoea (painful menstruation).

I would suggest you to just relax during the act of sexual intercourse.

You can take a simple analgesics like Paracetamol after food if the pain is severe.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor