Runners are notorious for their deformed toes. Apart form wearing
Using toe pads and regular cleaning will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
In runners due to constant wearing of shoes and stress on the toes it is common to have nail infections, stress fractures and deformity of toes due to poor posture.
To avoid such problems the first thing that is needed is properly fit shoes with at least a thumb's width space between the great toe and tip of the shoe to protect it from compression or injuries.
Regular cleaning and moisturization is needed to protect against any skin infections. Regular pedicures help in maintaining a good health of the feet. Always cut the toenails straight and short, do not pull off the nails and keep them clean. In case of any injury consider immediate proper treatment.
You can also use silicone toe pads to protect the toes from injuries.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?