Rough layer on upper inner cheek near teeth, lesion, nail biting. Using Listerine. What could be the reason?
Thank you for the query.
After going through the details given by you it appears to be due to local irritation. The source of irritation could be either nail biting habit, or hot food or from sharp teeth edges or cheek biting. I suggest you to wait for another week, keep the lesion in question under observation. If the lesion subsiding, then it is fine otherwise it is better to get the lesion examined by dentist.
If you have discomfort/pain while taking food or talking then you can apply oral gel containing local anesthetic e.g Orajel which is an over the counter benzocaine.
Hope this answers your query, if yes kindly accept the answer, otherwise you are welcome with more questions.
Thanks again for following up.
1. There is a possibility of change in the oral mucous membrane because of teeth whitening gel. Such changes will subside soon.
2. 'It becomes more visible throughout the day and less overnight' - It is either because of the light under which you are observing or because of irritation from the neighbouring teeth [such chances are less].
3. It is okay to gargle with salt water.
Hope I have answered all your query.
If you do not have any further queries, please accept this answer and close the discussion.
Wish you speedy recovery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can we use listerine if pregnant
- Over use of listerine
- Residue remaining after using listerine
- Use listerine for ear infection
- Swollen cheek gland listerine
- Swallowed listerine can cause what?
- Listerine used for yellow tongue
- What is the mode of action in listerine
- Using listerine for hemaroids
- Nosebleed after using listerine