Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Rolled my right foot. Have pain, swelling and bruising. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
I fell last night and rolled my right foot. I have pain swelling XXXXXXX bruising. I cannot move pinkie tow. I cannot walk or put any pressure on foot. When fell heard popping noise. Went to urgent care for normal xrays. Stated could not see break. Plus radiologist not in till monday. I have fallen in past but have never expierenced this kind of pain lack of movement and inability to walk on foot. My toes keep twicting like uncontrolable spasms! Help!
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
As per your query,it is evident that your right foot is injured.
Pain ,swelling and limitation of movement can be due to simple SPRAIN or FRACTURE of any bone.Fracture in the foot will be difficult to diagnose in x rays.It has to be seen and confirmed by experienced Radiologist or Orthopaedician.The fractures are very thin most of the times,they are called HAIR LINE FRACTURES.
Please take skeletal muscle relaxant tablet.Add Gabapentin tablet too.
Apply warm pack over affected area.
Even though fracture is not confirmed on monday,i advise you to put on ankle brace or Plaster of paris cast so that the movements will be restricted and you will get well soon.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
If you have any queries, i will clarify further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor