Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Right foot locked in a hole and now having pain. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
March 25-2012 was walking in mountains laid my jacket down, and was walking looking for rocks was yelled at to come look at something .My jacket was about 25' away turned around to get it, running jumped over a bush & came down on my right foot in a1 1/2' hole...."I HEARD THE LOUDEST POP NOT JUST ONCE BUT 3 TIME IN MY RIGHT KNEE"!!!! O M G it hurt so bad.... today JULY 02-2012 still in pain and need some in put PLEASE!!!!!!
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
You got your right foot locked in a hole and due to a missed move had whole body twisted over the knee. This gave plop sounds from knee indicating injury. This is a very common mode of XXXXXXX knee structure injuries. All this is evident that you had injured the ligaments or menisci in the knee joint. The joint is so complex and with a lot of fragile but equally elastic structures. You should have got yourself checked by your Orthopedic Surgeon with simple Xray then.
You might have an injured ligament or a crushed knee meniscus. As you are having continued symptoms so it's worthwhile to undergo an Xray and if warranted an MRI of the knee joint which is the best noninvasive investigation. Please note that joint injuries can really hamper your way of life in future. There would be nagging pain all the time if not treated.

Meanwhile you can take OTC Pain killers as required. Please note that pain killer should be taken only after meals.

You can use a soft short knee brace to reduce any mobility and support the joint.

I hope this advise will be helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Right foot locked in a hole and now having pain. What should be done? 18 hours later
Hi Dr. Choudhary,

Thank you for your time in answering my question about my knee. I forgot to tell you in my last question that I have had previous knee surgery about 18 years ago. With that being said at the time of my injury the Specialist that I had seen had basically told me the same thing bout the ligaments that you have just described to me.
Futhermore upon your suggestion on getting x-rays, after my previous knee injury I did get x-rays at the local hospital were I live. I was instructed to get a follow up and talk bout my x-rays and whats not but due to the new medical laws I currently owe N.E.U.M.G. (northestern utah medical group) $1,700.00 and they will not see you (have you reschedule) untill you have paid the XXXXXXX in full. I am currently working a part time job and cannot afford to pay that much of a lump sum at once that is why I have asked you for your advice.
The main question I have is if you could possibly help me would be if you would or could e-mail or mail me some at home physcial theraphy paper and or excerises I could do to help strenghtin my knee here at home.
I have been taking OTC med's and 800 ibu, hot and cold packs, elevating my knee, wearing a brace during the day and lightly wrapping when in for the night.
PLEASE if there is ANYTHING else you can say or do that would help me get my strenght back I would very and GREATLY appericate it as well as my family!

Once again Thank you for your time!

Penny Pace

E-mail YYYY@YYYY (personal)
YYYY@YYYY (spouse)

Mailing address: Penny Pace
P.O. Box 255
Myton Utah 0000
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later

You are already doing enough that could be possibly done at home.

If you do not want to spend towards investigations due to laws, then you can visit an orthopedician who on physical examination can reasonably rule out any significant XXXXXXX knee tissues injuries by physical examination only.

In addition, take the opportunity to learn exercises that could be helpful.

Wish you a good recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Right foot locked in a hole and now having pain. What should be done? 2 days later
Hi Dr. Choudhary,

I am very greatful for the time you have taken from your day to help and answer my questions. Would you by chance have anything at all on hand you would or could send me on excerises on my knee, would very much appericate it if you would!

Once again that you very much for taking time in answering my questions. You have been more than helpful and wished I was able to XXXXXXX you in person. Will diffently take the advice and see an orthopedician dr.

Thank You and God Bless you and Your Family

Always Penny Pace and Family

P.O. Box 255 Myton Ut. 0000
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 hours later
I would like you to see your orthopedician.
Because you know this is a physical menouvre and difficult to learn through text.
Still check the pdf in your email, and Please try only Early Rehab. execises till you consult your orthopedician.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor