Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Rh negative blood, wishing to take HCG diet, fearful of delusional pregnancy and strange bodily reactions to it

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hello. My blood is Rh Negative. I've been thinking about purchasing the Hcg diet. If I take this diet which is supposed to "trick" my body into thinking that it is pregnant will I get sick? I'm wondering what will happen when my Rh Negative blood begin to "look" for a baby that really isn't there? Will my body be thrown off balance? Or, will my body just simply not react because there is no "foreign body" present for my Rh negative blood to "attack"?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Irrespective of the blood group, HCG diet as such has side effects and should be taken with caution.

You are Rh-negative. You may develop antibodies to an Rh-positive baby, if a small amount of the baby's blood mixes with your blood. This happens during pregnancy (real pregnancy). But since you are not pregnant or carrying a Rh positive baby,your body will not respond negatively to the HCG diet just because of your blood group.

Any side effects that occur to the HCG diet are irrespective of the blood group and can occur in a person with any blood group. Each person reacts to this drug differently and hence you should take this diet only after your doctor’s supervision.

Side effects of this diet include swelling of the ankles/feet, mental/mood changes (e.g., depression, irritability), chest pain, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body and confusion.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor