Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Respiratory problem, weezing, dwarfism and height issues. Advise about who can provide treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 5136 Questions
hi my name is XXXXXXX my son is 3 years old he is rather on the small side and has resperitory problems this includes weezing and alot of resession exuse my spellings. I have noticed some different features in his face and i took him to my docters to ask if he had any sort of height problem they tested his hieght and said he is short i asked about dwarfism and they just tell me not to worry his fine i strongly believe something is not right i would be very greatful if you could advise me of where to take him so i can get the right answers please
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 7 hours later

Thanks for the query.

Since when is your son having respiratory problems ?

Has he been diagnosed with Asthma ?

Is he on any medication ?

Some children with asthma can develop dark circles and baggy lower eyelids as a result of allergies. If this is what you may have noticed, kindly be informed about this. Usually when a child goes through illness, he will not atytain height and weight as expected until the illness is cured or maintained well. After the illness subsides, your child will get back his normal height and weight called catch-up growth.

If your child has asthma it is best he avoids air-polluted and dusty places. Even gardens can trigger asthma because of pollen in the air from flowers in the garden. Avoid smoking at Home where he is there as this can also trigger an asthma attack.

He needs a balanced diet XXXXXXX in proteins to help in healing the body and also to help him catch-up his weight and height for his age. Give him plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables as these have antioxidants which reduce damage to the body. Keep him well hydrated. If he has fever, he will probably need antibiotics for which he needs to see a Child Specialist or even a Pulmonologist for his asthma.

Kindly do follow the advice given by his Doctor including the correct way on how to use inhaler.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor