Reducible inguinal hernia with squelching noises. Why?
The small reducible inguinal hernia is a bland disease till it's size does not increase drastically and the associated dragging pain is not aggravated in which case it should be corrected by herniorrhaphy through a planned surgery.
In the initial phase the hernia is made of the Sac which is peritoneal fold coming out through inguinal ring; Later the gut also follows to reside in the sac. It's the sounds of bowel movement which contains gas/food material that you listen/feel at the hernial swelling.
Herniaof this size is harmless even when it gives out gut sounds.
Beware if you develop gripping pain at the swelling, abrupt increase in swelling along with systemic features like drop in BP, fever etc. then it must be a incarcerated hernia and is a surgical emergency.
Must be managed emergently.
Otherwise this much inguinal hernia is innocuous and you don't need to be worried about it.
I hope this answers your queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Inguinal hernia and blood transfusion
- Inguinal hernia tiredness
- Reducible inguinal hernia with squelching noises why
- Inguinal hernia indigestion
- What exercise reduces inguinal hernia
- Inguinal hernia and tissue eosinophilia
- Exercises to avoid with an inguinal hernia
- Inguinal hernia reoccur once
- Non reducible inguinal hernia
- Fluid around a inguinal hernia
- Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling....
- Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have...
- Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen...
- Tiny itchy bumps that blanch when pressed randomly appeared on arms,...
- Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said...
- Having severe back pain while sleeping. History of bladder and kidney...
- Bruise on back that pained. Pleurisy? Why did my nasal cavity start to...
- Jaw pain, bruises, lump under left jaw, stuffiness, facial pressure....
- Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What...
- Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?